CADA Open Road
Innovative Dealer Summit. Preview Gala. Denver Auto Show. Will I see you at the Convention Center this week?
Innovative Dealer Summit presents some of the industry’s best and brightest at this two-day educational event, starting at 8 a.m.
Biggest 2-day event in auto kicks off next Tuesday morning — and join us for Colorado auto industry’s biggest event Tuesday evening. Details below…
Join us for the premiere event that ushers in the 2019 Denver Auto Show
A week from tonight, the Colorado auto industry’s most elegant event, the Preview Gala, officially opens the doors to the Denver Auto Show — without the crowds. Please join us when the curtains raise on the 11th annual event, where former Denver Nuggets Head Coach George Karl will welcome you as our VIP Chair. Now that the Nuggets are going to the playoffs for the first time since 2013 — the year Coach Karl was named Coach of the Year — you’ll have a lot more than cars to talk about with him during the Gala!
If you're going to have sales people at the Denver Auto Show, you need an off-premise permit. Details below...
Get your off-premise permits for the Denver Auto Show today!
If you're sending salespeople to the Denver Auto Show, this is a reminder to get an off-premise permit BEFORE the show opens on March 27, 2019. Under the regulation, (1CCR 205-1 at Regulation 44-20-102(22)):
"[i]n order to sell motor vehicles at a location away from the dealership, a motor vehicle dealer must apply for the approriate off-premise permit. A motor vehicle dealer must not engage in any sales activity at an off-premise location until the board approves the appropriate off-premise permit."
A permit is required for anyone who
- Will be conducting sales activity at the Denver Auto Show OR
- Will have licensed motor vehicle salespersons working their display at the Denver Auto Show.
If neither of these scenarios apply to you, you may not need a permit. Sales activity is defined as any discussion of price or terms of a deal. It does not include a discussion or demonstration of features.
If you’re up for pressing the ‘reset’ button and jumpstarting your part of the business, come to the Innovative Dealer Summit. And if you’re ready for the industry’s most elegant event in Colorado, stay for the Preview Gala. Details below…
M A R K E T I N G S T R A T E G Y G A M E
C H A N G E R S . . . Video. Digital. Content. Branding and social. AI and machine learning. Data. The key to any high-performance marketing plan is the strategies behind it. Each auto industry leader in the Marketing Strategies track shares strategies that don’t just ‘work,’ they blow the doors off lackluster tactics many in the industry have been using for years.
Join us tomorrow for a strategy meeting with Global Automakers AND another with Air Pollution Control division. Details below…
As you may be aware, the State of Colorado, Department of Public Health and Environment’s (CDPHE) Air Quality Control Commission (AQCC) is scheduled to start rulemaking toward adopting California Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) in May, 2019.
CADA is on record opposed to adopting the Cali-ZEV mandate. Currently, CADA is litigating against Colorado’s adoption of the California Low Emission Vehicle (LEV) mandate.
As we move closer to the scheduled start of ZEV rule promulgation process, CADA is organizing opposition strategy to the new ZEV rule. We have scheduled two meetings on Wednesday, March 6th, for which you are invited to participate:
Wednesday, March 6
- 12pm (noon) to 1:30pm – Lunch meeting between CADA and the Global Automakers association (representing: Aston Martin, Ferrari, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Maserati, McLaren, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota) in the Bud Wells Board Room at William D Barrow Building (CADA HQ). This will serve as an early strategy session regarding the ZEV fight ahead for CADA and this group of automakers.
- 1:30pm to 2:30pm – Briefing on rulemaking, both LEV and ZEV, presented by Doug Decker, Mobile Sources Director – Air Pollution Control Division, Mr. Decker will lay out rulemaking process and how the AQCC and Division see it. Participants will be able to ask questions about the process and anticipated impact of the rules.
The following have RSVPd “YES” to attend the meetings with Global Automakers, followed by CDPHE Air Quality Control Commission staff Doug Decker:
- Christina Dawkins, Co’s BMW
- Todd Maul, John Elway Dealerships
- Brent Wood, Larry H Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram 104th
- Eric Beutz, Longmont Ford, Freeway Ford, Columbine Ford
- Bill Hendershot, Spradley Barr Ford Lincoln Greeley
- Matthew Groves, CADA
- Tim Jackson, CADA
Can you attend? Please respond to RSVP@Colorado.auto
Lunch will be provided for meeting with Global Automakers. If you plan to attend either or both meetings, please indicate one or both that you will attend.