How to avoid lawsuits — and what to do when you are sued
You're careful. Some might say you're too careful. But when it comes to avoiding lawsuits, you can never be careful enough!
Join us on the phone at 8 a.m. Tuesday, December 17 for 'Avoiding Lawsuits & what to do when you are sued.' Designed for dealer principals, general managers and department leaders with bottom-line accountability, the prevention side of this two-hour webinar offers advice on avoiding a lawsuit.
And if you are sued, we'll discuss retaining records and conducting a thorough and objective investigation to determine defense strategies, arbitration versus court and the importance of class action waivers, among other topics.
Led by Fairfield & Woods, P.C.'s Michael Dommermuth and Adrian Castro, this webinar is designed for dealer principals, general managers and department leaders with bottom-line accountability — and it's packed with information you can use today to protect your dealership from harm tomorrow.
- Advertising practices
- What to disclose about a vehicle
- Words and terms to avoid
- How to handle spot delivery
- Importance of documenting calls with clients and financial institutions
- Internal process best practices
- Legal significance of a RISC
- Risks of multiple credit checks
- The importance of a 10-day notice
- Pitfalls of selling or paying off trade-ins
- Best practices for Service department loaners
- Importance of collecting information up front and fighting tickets issued against an employee